Monday, December 12, 2011

From Foodtrips to Roadtrips...

Hmmm so what am I thinking in this photo? Not sure, though this photo is taken inside Arabella Bakehaus and Coffee Shop in Liliw, Laguna.This quaint little resto is very much known by tourists and locals of this town. Personally, one's visit in Liliw will never be complete without a trip to savor the tastes of Arabela's famous pasta and pizza, and indulge in the sweetness of their various pastries. Okay... I'll stop fantasizing about Arabella for now since I think it deserves a series of entries! Seriously, I actually associated Areballa with the warmth of being with friends; comforting, satisfying and blissful!

Wait a minute, those are exactly the feelings I am craving for right now! These past weeks had been very topsy turvy that I cannot help but wish to be transported somewhere peaceful and soothing!

Oh don't get me wrong, I actually like what I do! Being on top of things, initiating, planning, solving and bazillion of other things (okay, I am exaggerating! Maybe not bazillion... only a million of other things, thank you! :D)
Do I look calm? multiply this by 10 and that's what the stress of the Holidays in HR/Admin world!


Though my love affair with my job is smooth sailing, that doesn't mean I don't crave for a little (JUST A LITTLE) separation from it. And whenever I do, I go out with loved ones, friends and office mates. Schedule a spa, eat out or try new things that can be done in the city.


However, there are just some days - usually when I am near the deadline and I can see a window of vacay-sibility - that an out-of-town rendezvous is much  much more appealing!

 

 A quick trip to nearby Tagaytay wouldn't be a hassle at this times :D

You too surely have your own brand of taking a break. But here's my thoughts for you: wherever or whatever you'll embark, the important thing is, to not forget to breathe in and out, savor the moment and face today's sunshine and sunset with heads up. 

Each journey we take whether with food or short/long drives, is our self-made charms of memories. Wear these charms proudly and share it with the people who are significant to us.

And of course, never forget to get your camera ready, it's a testament of what a feeble memory could lose :-)