Saturday, December 10, 2011

This is the Beginning...

Writing is not a foreign thing to me. I enjoy it! Be it for school term papers or my diary. I still dream of having a published work, write for a glossy and win a literary award (no joking, a girl could dream big, right? ;-)

College days I think was the height of my be-a-writer dream, I love reading, researching and writing about what I have learned. So much passion for pen and paper that one of my college Professors (who happens to be our college dean also) wrote in my term paper "...you could become a writer someday." Wow! was my reaction to that.


But somewhere between finishing college and proving myself, I lost the time, will and maybe a subject to write. A long-residing writer's block you may call it, as it is almost five years since i really made a piece. Of course, I wrote a lot of policies, incident reports, disciplinary actions in between, but it is more of routine and work for me.Oh, letters to friends and loved ones may be far and between, but I am counting them as masterpieces ;-)


Until blogging became such a fad, that reading various blogs of "normal" people, one with inner-writer soul could not help but be inspired. And that is what happened to me :-)


This is not the first time I am writing online (as I like to call it since I'm old school, I love the feel of the pen and paper!), I have started in different platforms before. But hopefully, this one will not be lost in the conundrum of my everyday life.


Allow me to have a disclaimer for my very first entry. I may have used the word writer far too many times, but this activity for me is more of releasing myself from my thoughts and feelings, it's a therapy to me. So I will not claim to be an amazing one, just a lady interpreting my world through words.